4.2 C
New York
Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Don't miss

Summer: 27 million on the road but the duration and expense are reduced

- Advertisement -

Mps, Salvini

(ANSA) – ROME, JUL 31 – The new peak of infections, inflation, high energy and the perception of political instability in the country are felt on the Italians’ summer departures. According to a Confcommercio survey with Swg, many will go on vacation – 27 million, as in 2019 – but the pandemic resurgence causes departures in July to drop to 12.3 million compared to the expected 16.8 million. Price increases and political crisis affect August and September: trips of 7 days or more are reduced by 3 million and those of average duration (3-6 days) and especially mini breaks increase. The budget is also down: the budget for medium-term holidays drops from € 541 expected in June to around € 475, and from € 1,252 to € 1,117 for longer trips. 88% of those leaving chose Italy while 12% will go abroad – mostly to Europe – especially for holidays of 7 days or more in August and September, where a peak of 28% is recorded. The sea is always in the lead, with 44% of preferences which becomes 51% if we consider only the main holidays of 7 or more days. The mountains follow at 15% – a value in line with the history of this type – while holidays in cities, especially those of art, and in small villages, add up to 21%. In Italy, where Puglia remains the most sought-after destination, Emilia Romagna wins the sprint for second place, followed by Tuscany and Sicily, while Sardinia, probably a victim more than other regions of the cost of connections, falls to seventh position, from the fourth it occupied a month ago. Instead, Liguria appears among the top 5.

On the other hand, the hit of foreign destinations remained almost unchanged in a month, with Greece at the top, however, closely followed by Spain and, later, France and Croatia. (HANDLE).

- Advertisement -

Source: Ansa

- Advertisement -
spot_img

Latest Posts

spot_img

Latest