War is the worst thing that could happen to our psyche. Ukrainians will have many years to cope with injuries and maintain mental health
How to cope with stress and not get depressed / Photo: unsplash.com
Stress has become a part of our lives. It affects everyone differently. The process of influence on people of different ages was described by psychologists of the online platform “Tell me”, and they also gave advice on how to reduce the effect of stress on the body.
It is worth knowing that children are more susceptible to stress than adults. From 6 months to 10 years, under the influence of negative social factors, babies can begin to show aggression or become withdrawn, mood swings, sleep disturbance, and headache are often observed.
In adults, as a result of constant stressful situations, overeating or malnutrition, apathy, depression, high blood pressure, weakened immunity appear.
In an elderly person, stress can cause severe reactions, which are accompanied by increased fatigue, weight loss, the development of diabetes, thyroid dysfunction, etc.
How to reduce stress and stop being nervous:
- Go in for sports (light walking, outdoor walks, running, swimming, yoga, meditation, exercise with a trainer, etc.).
- Communicate more with friends and family.
- Do what you love (drawing, dancing, listening to music, playing chess, embroidering…).
- Start planning your day. Make notes about the time you watch the news, cook, read a book, chat with a friend, play with your child, go to bed.
- Help others. Become a volunteer, cook food for an elderly neighbor, help clean the yard for a stranger.
Read more about how stress affects the body depending on age on the Vogue.ua website.
I am a journalist with more than 7 years of experience in the news industry. I have written for various publications, including The Wall Street Journal and Financial Times. My work has included reporting on global events such as the European debt crisis and the Olympics. I also manage principal photography for video content for websites and social media platforms.