Boiled new potatoes, baked eggplant or fresh bell pepper salad with peas are an excellent healthy vitamin addition to the diet in July
Top 5 most useful vegetables in July – new potatoes, zucchini and eggplant, bell peppers and green peas / Photo: freepik.com
In July, potatoes come to the rescue of fresh vegetables – cucumbers and young cabbage, zucchini do not give up their position, and more and more eggplants appear on the shelves. What 5 vegetables of July should be included in your diet – said Elena Belyaeva, doctor of Tibetan medicine, healthy nutrition consultant.
Let’s begin with that seasonal greens are relevant throughout the summer. And if you want to protect yourself from nitrates, then before adding greens to a salad or soup, you can put it in a “bouquet” in water and in direct sunlight. Or just soak in water for an hour for a couple of hours. Next, what vegetables should you pay attention to if they are not yet on your table:
1. New potatoes. Dietitians do not really like potatoes, but without it it is difficult to imagine the Ukrainian table. Therefore, for maximum benefit, potatoes should be baked or boiled in their skins, as well as steamed or microwaved. So vitamin C and potassium, which are rich in potatoes, will not be lost. That is, we avoid fried potatoes.
For maximum benefits, potatoes should be baked or boiled with their skins on, and steamed or microwaved. / Photo: www.thespruceeats.com
2. Zucchini is generally one of the top diet foods.. Zucchini contains vitamins and microelements necessary for our brain, heart, liver and muscles. And the vegetable will help improve not only digestion, but also skin condition and complexion.
3. Eggplant is also a low-calorie product., rich in B vitamins, vitamin C, PP and carotene, as well as minerals such as potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, sodium and phosphorus. Eggplants and zucchini are best baked. Please note that eggplant absorbs a lot of oil when frying, and frying is not the healthiest way to cook food.
4. Bulgarian pepper – one of the leaders among vegetables in terms of vitamin C content, it is also rich in trace elements – potassium, phosphorus, sulfur, magnesium and calcium.
Bulgarian pepper is one of the leaders among vegetables in terms of vitamin C content. / Photo: Depositphotos
5. Green peas – its value, in addition to vitamins and trace elements, is in easily digestible vegetable protein. And if there is an opportunity to eat this seasonal vegetable, then you should use it.
Bulgarian pepper and peas good raw, they should be put in a salad, filling with olive, flaxseed or cold-pressed sunflower oil. And you can also add spices, sesame or flax seeds, so the most useful and tasty. Peppers can also be baked in the oven or on the grill.
Also any These vegetables are great for soups.because it is the heat treatment that will help to better digest vegetables if you are prone to gas formation and digestive problems.
We also wrote about healthy vegetables that will not hit your wallet.
Also learn how to drink water in the summer and in the heat correctly – 5 useful tips from a doctor.