Prosecutors demanded to change the measure of restraint for the fifth president
/ Photo: Collage: Today
On February 11, the Kiev Court of Appeal upheld the decision of the previous instance on the measure of restraint for the fifth president of Ukraine, MP from European Solidarity, Petro Poroshenko.
“The Kiev Court of Appeal upheld the measure of restraint for Petro Poroshenko. He remains under personal obligation,” Oleksiy Goncharenko, people’s deputy from European Solidarity, said on his Telegram channel.
Petro Poroshenko / Photo: facebook.com/petroporoshenko
Prosecutors demanded to change Poroshenko’s preventive measure from a personal obligation to arrest with the possibility of bailing out UAH 1 billion. The politician’s lawyers, in turn, demanded that the preventive measure be canceled altogether.
The defense side is also seeking to cancel the decision to seize the property of the fifth president of Ukraine. The court may consider this appeal in March.
Case of Poroshenko
- Recall that Petro Poroshenko was declared suspected of treason on December 20. Not the last role in this was played by “Medvedchuk’s films”. He is charged with facilitating the activities of terrorist organizations “DNR” and “LNR”.
- The fifth president is suspected of participating in a criminal scheme for the supply of coal from the temporarily occupied territories for a total amount of about 1.5 billion hryvnias.
- Due to the impossibility of serving a written notice of suspicion in person, it was sent to the place of residence, as well as to the place of work.
- Shortly before that, on December 17, investigators from the State Bureau of Investigation tried to personally hand the summons to the fifth president, but Poroshenko drove away from them in a car. On the same day, Poroshenko left for a trip abroad that lasted a month.
- On January 17, the fifth president of Ukraine, Petro Poroshenko, flew from Warsaw to Kiev, where he was met by supporters.
- On January 19, the Pechersky District Court of Kiev chose a measure of restraint for the leader of the European Solidarity, Petro Poroshenko. He was released on personal bond. However, the politician’s property was arrested.
- The prosecutor’s office asked the court to choose a measure of restraint for Petro Poroshenko in the form of arrest for a period of two months. As an alternative to arrest, prosecutors asked the court to set a bail for Poroshenko in the amount of one billion hryvnias.