1.4 C
New York
Monday, December 5, 2022

Don't miss

Surkis prepares an appeal in the case against Poroshenko and Gontareva

- Advertisement -

The businessman demanded compensation for non-fulfillment of the terms of the agreement on the acquisition by the fifth president of a share of the 1 + 1 TV channel

On the left in the photo is Igor Surkis, on the right – Petro Poroshenko. Photo: collage “Today”

- Advertisement -

The lawyers of businessman Igor Surkis reacted to the rejection of the claim by the London Court of International Arbitration against the fifth President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko and the former head of the NBU Valeria Gontareva. According to them, it is too early to put an end to the high-profile case.

One of the lawyers announced this in the “Today” program on the “Ukraine” channel.

- Advertisement -

The businessman demanded compensation for non-fulfillment of the terms of the agreement on the acquisition by the fifth president of a share of the 1 + 1 TV channel. We are talking about the events of 2016. Now Surkis’s lawyers insist that they have every reason to appeal.

“There are grounds for appealing against this decision. I think that in the near future you will hear some details from the direct participants in those events and it seems to me that the facts of abuse that took place during that period – they may shock you.”, – said the lawyer Igor Alekseev.

Background

Brothers Grigory and Igor Surkis have filed a lawsuit against the fifth president, Petro Poroshenko, in London International Arbitration, demanding compensation of at least $ 140 million for the unfulfilled terms of the deal on the purchase of a stake in the 1 + 1 TV channel.

On May 2, 2019, businessman Igor Kolomoisky announced a lawsuit against Petro Poroshenko as soon as he ceases to be president: “I know for sure that a lawsuit is being prepared against him in England, claims have appeared from Surkis.”

Kolomoisky said that Poroshenko was allegedly going to buy out 50% of the rights to the TV channel. Allegedly, Poroshenko wanted to buy 25% of the shares of the TV channel from Igor Surkis, and then agree with him to buy another 25%. The amount of Poroshenko’s deal with Surkis was supposed to be about 240-250 million.

According to ZN.UA journalists, it was in 2015. Poroshenko was going to pay $ 140 million for the Surkis share in installments for 8 years, but after signing the contract he changed his mind. This information remained unconfirmed.

We previously reported that Poroshenko became a defendant in Medvedchuk’s treason case.

As we already wrote, on October 11, prosecutors handed Mevedchuk a petition for arrest or bail of one billion hryvnia.

.

- Advertisement -
spot_img

Latest Posts

spot_img

Latest