5.7 C
New York
Friday, December 2, 2022

Don't miss

Flood in the Marche: the body of one of the three missing has been identified

- Advertisement -

THE firefighters have identified the body of one of the three missing in the flood that hit the Senigallia area on Thursday evening. The body, which should have belonged to a man, was found in the Serra dei Conti area. At the moment missing: little Mattia, 8 years old, Brunella Chiù, the 56 year old who was in the car with her daughter, and a 47 year old from Arcevia, whose car was found in the Misa river.

- Advertisement -

With the discovery of the missing person, the number of victims rises to 11.

They went on all night in the light of photoelectrics the search for the missing after the wave of bad weather that hit the area two nights ago. The first was joined by an 80-year-old whose body was taken out yesterday afternoon from the Esino river, in another part of the province. The old man would not have been dragged away by the flood, but would have slipped into the water in the locality of Angeli di Rosora. The body of 17-year-old Noemi Bartolucci was also identified, traced a few kilometers away from the place where she had been dragged away by the force of the water to Barbara, while she was trying to save herself together with her mother and her brother aboard two cars. The 23-year-old brother, while the mother, identified the body Brunella Chiù, 56, is still missing. And among the missing they remain Mattia8 years old, snatched from his mother’s arms while they were fleeing after having abandoned the car in Castelleone di Suasa, and another man from Arcevito. “We hope that the water goes down again – the comment of the mayor of Barbara Marco Pasqualini -, today I will ask for the intervention of the dog unit”.

- Advertisement -

The firefighters – who also come from Lombardy, Friuli Venezia Giulia, Emilia Romagna and Abruzzo – civil protection and other rescuers are also working incessantly to provide aid to displaced persons and people who have suffered damage or have had houses uninhabitable due to the water and mud. Hundreds of displaced people: over 100 spent the night in a reception center set up by Caritas in Senigallia. Instead, the water service inside homes and businesses that had been interrupted in various areas since yesterday morning would be partially back active. Also yesterday, Prime Minister Mario Draghi visited the affected areas and expressed closeness to the populations, in addition to the announcement of the launch of the declaration of a state of emergency and the arrival of the first funds. “It is a disaster. We will do everything possible” he said during a visit to Pianello di Ostra, the town that recorded the greatest damage and 4 victims. Today the biggest concern is for the weather, as a new wave of bad weather is expected. State of yellow alert throughout the Marche region: the Multirisk Functional Center of the Regional Civil Protection recommends that citizens “avoid traveling in case of rain”.

‘FIRST 5 MILLION AID’
The Cabinet has approved the state of emergency for the Marche Region, approving an initial loan of 5 million. “It is a disaster. We will do everything possible”, said the prime minister, Mario Draghi, on a visit to Pianello di Ostra, in the province of Ancona. “We will do everything necessary – he continued -. We embrace you all, we are close to you and count on us”. “Of course there is a hydrogeological problem,” said Draghi. “What happened today shows how the fight against climate change is fundamental”, said the premier, meeting with journalists.

There were moments of terrorwith truly extraordinary quantities of water “. Thus the head of the Civil Protection Fabrizio Curcio after the meeting in the prefecture in Ancona which was also attended by the top management of the fire brigade, the head of department Laura Lega and the head of the body Giorgio Parisi.”It rained a third in a few hours than what it normally rains in these areas in a year – he adds – and in some areas it rained twice as much as it rains in summer. It was a quantity of water that suddenly spilled over the territories, causing havoc and death “.

150 people are displaced, announces the Prefecture of Ancona in a note, explaining that “most of these people are in the municipality of Senigallia, but the number is growing”. “In this regard – the press release reads – dedicated prevention and control services have been set up by the police on the evacuated buildings”. Other possible evacuations are also under consideration.

Bad weather in the Marche, in Senigallia the elderly saved with rafting boats

Source: Ansa

- Advertisement -
spot_img

Latest Posts

spot_img

Latest