He spent the first night in the Regina Coeli prison, Giandavide De Pau, the 51-year-old man arrested for the three femicides that took place in Rome last Thursday. For him, the validation hearing will be set for next week, not before Tuesday after the prosecutor who owns the file will formalize the request to the investigating judge. At the moment, the prosecution it does not dispute premeditation in the crime of aggravated multiple homicide. Yesterday the man was interrogated at the police station for over seven hours, confirming that he had been in the apartment of the two Chinese women in via Riboty but adding that he did not remember anything other than “the much blood” present in the house. De Pau, currently under treatment at a Sert and under pharmacological therapy for a psychiatric pathology, he denied having gone to via Durazzo scene of the third murder of a 65-year-old Colombian prostitute. Also in this area yesterday a series of searches were carried out by the men of the police forces.
De Pau denied having been in via Durazzo but confirmed that he had been at the “house of the Chinese women” and that he had “buffed up the wound of one of the young women”. Then the blackout and two days spent “wandering without eating and sleepingwith his clothes still stained with blood”. In seven hours of dramatic confrontation with the investigators, the man arrested for the triple homicide in Rome – where three prostitutes were killed in the Prati district – provided his version of what happened.
The “escape” of the man lasted less than 48 hours who, according to the prosecutors of Rome, massacred the three victims with a stiletto. To him the police arrived thanks to some testimony and a phone call made by her sister who had heard him in a brief interview perhaps from the telephone of one of the witnesses who later determined his identification. The man stammered, suggesting that he had committed something very serious. At that point the woman, knowing that De Pau used to frequent prostitutes and perhaps fearing for him too, alerted the investigators.
Agents have it taken around six in the mother’s house in the Octavia district. There the transfer to the San Vitale offices to be heard. A complex preliminary investigation during which De Pau laboriously tried to provide his own reconstruction of the facts. “I arrived at that house by car after spending the night before with a Cuban girl consuming drugs – he told the investigators, often stopping for tears -. I remember being in that house in via Riboty, I plugged the girl’s wound. It was the first time I had gone to that apartment with the Chinese girls after an appointment made over the phone,” she added. The investigators, during the interrogation, allegedly contested that he was holding stills of him near Via Durazzo where Martha Castano, a 65-year-old prostitute, was killed.
A candle, a ceramic angel and a vase with flowers in front of the red door of Martha Castano Torres, one of the three women killed on Thursday in Rome. A small memento for “a very good person”, as remembered by Tony and Monica, who have their own business two doors down from the victim’s apartment. “We said a prayer – they say – he had the worst death”.
Rome, stabbed three women in a few hours