3.9 C
New York
Thursday, December 1, 2022

Don't miss

De Pau controlled on sight in prison, will be heard by the investigating judge on Tuesday

- Advertisement -

Checked on sight in the covid department of the Regina Coeli prison. Thus he spent his first night as a prisoner Giandavide De Pau, the man accused by the Rome prosecutor of being the author of the three murders on Thursday in Rome. Three massacres against as many women, all prostitutes, consumed in apartments in the Prati district, a short distance from the courthouse. And in the meantime, attention remains strong in Ottavia where the man was arrested: “If you have a soul, respect a family’s pain. Don’t ring and don’t ask questions”, is written on the family’s front door. “I can tell you that I’m sick – his sister Francesca told Tg3 who called the police yesterday – only this and you can’t understand it because you haven’t been through it. My mother had a heart attack four months ago and I’m afraid he might die any minute. What should I talk about with what’s happening to me?”

- Advertisement -

For his part, De Pau crossed the prison threshold yesterday evening, at the end of a dramatic interrogation at the police station that lasted about 7 hours. A confrontation during which the 51-year-old, a past in organized crime and a trusted man of the Camorra boss Michele Senese, only partially confirmed his role in the bloody events. “I’ve been to the Chinese house, but I don’t remember the rest, I just have darkness in my mind. I’m sick”basically said De Pau who however denied having gone to via Durazzo, as the crow flies 850 meters from the apartment of the two Asian women, still unidentified, in via Riboty. “There was blood, I also swabbed the wound of one of the girls”, the passage verbalized by the investigators. Then the blackout lasted, according to what was told by the man who has a history of drugs and also an episode of sexual violence, about two days during which he allegedly “wandered through the city without sleeping or eating, with blood still on my clothes”. Also on this point, those who are investigating want to clarify by also looking for a series of testimonies including that of De Pau’s sister who reported to the carabinieri that her brother had done “something serious”. Also in the hands of the investigators is the cell phone that the man left in the apartment on the first floor of via Riboty before the “escape”. The smartphone could be a fundamental element in reconstructing what happened in the hours preceding the events.

During the interrogation De Pau claimed that the night before he had spent it with a Cuban girl with whom he also consumed cocaine and that he had then made an appointment with the “massage centre” run by the Chinese. The man, who was hospitalized in a psychiatric center in 2008 and 2011, was being treated at a Sert and was following a pharmacological course after he had been diagnosed with a pathology linked to a personality disorder. Lhe only certainty is that at the moment there is no trace of the weapon used to kill. The investigators are looking for her everywhere with a series of searches also carried out during the day. A blade, of the stiletto type, that the arrested would have used against Martha Castano Torres, during a sexual relationship, both in the attack on the two Asian women. On the weapon used, answers could come from the autopsy that tomorrow the magistrates of Piazzale Clodio will entrust to the doctors of the Gemelli institute of forensic medicine where the three bodies have been located for three days. The objective is to try to ascertain that the wounds on the bodies were caused by the blade itself. At the beginning of next week De Pau will also appear before the investigating judge for the interrogation to validate the detention. The charge against him is triple aggravated homicide. The prosecutors do not dispute his premeditation, a choice that suggests that the three women were killed during a blind raptus of violence.

- Advertisement -

A candle, a ceramic angel and a vase with flowers in front of the red door of Martha Castano Torres, one of the three women killed in Rome on Thursday. A small souvenir for “a very good person”, as Tony and Monica remember her, who have their own business two doors down from the victim’s apartment. “We said a prayer – they say – he had the worst death”.

Rome, stabbed three women in a few hours

Source: Ansa

- Advertisement -
spot_img

Latest Posts

spot_img

Latest