Day of the liberation of Ukraine from fascist invaders – what other significant dates and important events in the history of Ukraine and the world are celebrated on October 28.
October 28: what a holiday today / Photo: Unsplash
What is the national and Orthodox holiday for Ukrainians on October 28, 2021? Who is celebrating their name days? In addition, we talk about international, national and state holidays, important events that happened in history, as well as about the main signs of this day.
What a holiday today, October 28
- Day of liberation of Ukraine from Nazi invaders
– a public holiday officially established in 2009 in memory of the expulsion of the troops of Nazi Germany from the territory of Ukraine in 1944.
- Grandparents day
– every year since 2018, a kind family holiday is celebrated, which is dedicated to the oldest family members.
- International Animation Day
was founded in 2002 to commemorate the public presentation in 1892 of the first animation technology.
- World Judo Day
– is held on October 28 in honor of the birthday of the Japanese master, the founder of this sport, Jigoro Kano.
Birthday people October 28
Angel Day is celebrated today: Athanasius, Denis, Dmitry, Efim, Ivan, Lukyan, Semyon.
What a church holiday today
On October 28, the Orthodox Church honors the memory of the Monk Euthymius the New, Thessalonian, the Monk Martyr Lucian, Presbyter of Antioch, the Hieromartyr Lucian of the Kiev Caves, in the Far Caves, the Martyrs Sarvil and Veve, Saint Savin, Bishop of Catan. Celebration of the Icon of the Mother of God “The Conqueror of Breads”.
Efimiy the Autumn was revered among the people on October 28. Women during this period were engaged in household chores. People believed that from Efimov’s day all the evil spirits moved from the street to the houses for gatherings. And so that the goblin does not row, you need to cross yourself and ask Saint Efimy for help.
Signs for October 28:
- clouds in the east – to imminent frosts;
- With cold Efim closes the roots of grasses and trees to the ground;
- any undertakings are confused with Efim;
- on the day of Efimiy you cannot sew and wash;
Interesting and important events in Ukraine and the world on October 28
- 1892 – in France, Emile Renaud presented “glowing pantomimes” – the first animation.
- 1914 – Kodak begins work on color photography.
- 1944 – during the Second World War, Ukraine was liberated from the Nazi invaders.
- 1981 – The American group Metallica is founded.
Who was born on October 28
- 1860 – Jigoro Kano, Japanese martial artist, creator of judo.
- 1896 – Mikhail Romanov, Ukrainian Soviet theater and film actor, theater director.
- 1936 – Roman Viktyuk, Soviet Russian and Ukrainian theater director.
- 1955 – Bill Gates, American entrepreneur and public figure, founder of Microsoft Corporation.
- 1967 – Julia Roberts, American actress and producer.
We have previously published a forecast of magnetic storms for October 2021.