(ANSA) – ROME, OCTOBER 30 – Enrico Michetti, former candidate for mayor of the center-right in Rome, has resigned as city councilor and therefore will not sit in the Julius Caesar hall.
Michetti, the administrative lawyer with a passion for ancient Rome chosen by the center-right coalition for the ride to the Capitoline Hill, has decided to leave his seat in the Capitoline Assembly. A choice that should open the doors of the Chamber to Federico Rocca, the first of the non-elected members of FdI, a group that would thus reach six directors. After arriving first in the elections of 3 and 4 October with 30% of the votes, Michetti, two weeks later, lost in the ballot with the mayor Roberto Gualtieri who collected 60% of the votes, leaving him at 40%. After the defeat, the ‘tribune’ had no longer issued statements, today the decision to resign as councilor. (HANDLE).
I have been working in the news industry for over 10 years now and I have worked for some of the biggest news websites in the world. My focus has always been on entertainment news, but I also cover a range of other topics. I am currently an author at Global happenings and I love writing about all things pop-culture related.