Carbon monoxide, found dead in an abandoned building
(ANSA) – FLORENCE, 11 DEC – A 52-year-old homeless man was found dead in an abandoned building in Florence, on the hill between piazzale Michelangelo and Cascine del Riccio, in via delle Cinque Vie. According to an initial reconstruction, the death was caused by the fumes of carbon monoxide produced by a fire that the man, a homeless Tunisian, had lit to warm himself. There would be no signs of violence on the body. The prosecutor has ordered the autopsy. Firefighters, 118 health workers and state police intervened on the spot. The alarm was raised by a friend of the homeless man, his countryman, worried because the man did not answer his phone. According to what has been learned, in recent days the homeless man allegedly complained to his friend about the fact that he was always cold and that he was forced to burn some wood that he had found and that produced a lot of smoke to warm up. Upon their arrival, the firefighters found the premises saturated with carbon monoxide. On the basis of an initial examination by the physician who intervened on the spot, the death would have been caused by oxygen debt anoxia due precisely to monoxide poisoning. (HANDLE).
Source From: Ansa
I have been working in the news industry for over 10 years now and I have worked for some of the biggest news websites in the world. My focus has always been on entertainment news, but I also cover a range of other topics. I am currently an author at Global happenings and I love writing about all things pop-culture related.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.