The lists of candidates within a month from today and the deposit of the symbols in August: with the dissolution of the Chambers decreed by the President of the Republic Sergio Mattarella, the timing for the elections, which will be held on 25 September as decided by the Council, officially started of ministers on the basis of article 61 of the Constitution: “the elections of the new Chambers take place within seventy days from the end of the previous ones”.
Before voting, however, there are a series of requirements and deadlines to be respected both for the institutions and for the parties.
Here are the main dates:
– JULY 27th: this is the deadline by which the Interior Ministry must send the lists of voters abroad, which are constantly updated, to the Farnesina. In fact, the law establishes that they must be sent within the sixtieth day prior to the voting.
– 12-13 AND 14 AUGUST: It is the deadline within which the parties must deposit the electoral badges and symbols at the Interior Ministry.
– 21 and 22 AUGUST: These are the days reserved for the presentation of the lists, the 35th and 34th before the vote. The lists of candidates are presented in the central electoral offices set up at the Courts of Appeal.
– AUGUST 26: is the official start date of the ‘electoral propaganda’, the month of the election campaign before the vote, with the posting of election posters.
– 25 SEPTEMBER: it’s election day.
– OCTOBER 15: is the date by which the first session of the new Parliament must be held. This is always established by Article 61 of the Constitution, according to which “the first meeting” of the Chambers “takes place no later than the twentieth day after the elections”. Until the new chambers are brought together, the article continues, “the powers of the previous ones are extended”.
I have been working in the news industry for over 10 years now and I have worked for some of the biggest news websites in the world. My focus has always been on entertainment news, but I also cover a range of other topics. I am currently an author at Global happenings and I love writing about all things pop-culture related.