8 C
New York
Sunday, December 4, 2022

Don't miss

Cybersecurity: Exprivia, attacks boom in the first half of 2022

- Advertisement -

(ANSA) – BARI, JUL 14 – Boom of cyber attacks in Italy in the first half of 2022, more than the whole of 2021. This was revealed by the new report of the Exprivia Cybersecurity Observatory on cyber threats which, from January to June 2022, recorded in Italy 1,572 attacks, incidents and violations of privacy, compared to 1,356 total cases last year.

Despite the growth curve of the entire semester, the report drawn up by the Apulian ICT group still marks a slight decrease of about 5% of cases between April and June (766) compared to the first quarter of the year (when there were 806).

In detail, 381 attacks, 359 security incidents and 26 violations of privacy were found in the second quarter with public administration, banks and finance and healthcare among the sectors most affected by the sanctions issued by the Guarantor for the protection of personal data. Monitoring also shows that the cyber-arms race continues, in light of the 118 phenomena of cyber warfare (cyber warfare), fivefold compared to last quarter (22) due to the protraction of the Russia-Ukraine conflict, with a consequent increase in attacks on critical infrastructure.

In the ranking of the most affected sectors, finance is confirmed as the one favored by cyber-attackers, with an increase of 14% (326 cases), representing 43% of the total attacks. This is followed by the software / hardware sector, in particular ICT companies, digital services, e-commerce platforms, devices and operating systems, which mainly suffer data theft, such as access credentials or sensitive information, with + 40% of cases (130) compared with the previous quarter, and 17% of the total attacks. The industry sector rises to third place, with 68 cases, while the public administration with 47 phenomena marks a decrease of 57%, “presumably – notes the report – also thanks to information campaigns in the field of cybersecurity by government bodies”. (HANDLE).

- Advertisement -

Source: Ansa

- Advertisement -
spot_img

Latest Posts

spot_img

Latest