6.7 C
New York
Sunday, February 5, 2023

Don't miss

Artificial intelligence market + 27% in Italy, worth 380 million

- Advertisement -

United States, Biden sends troops to Europe but offers a deal to Putin (ANSA)

The Italian ecosystem of artificial intelligence (AI) is growing: in 2021 it marked a + 27%, reaching 380 million euros, a value doubled in two years, for 76% commissioned by Italian companies for the remaining 24% as export of projects. However, a gap in adoption emerges: six out of 10 large companies have started at least one AI project, among SMEs they are just 6%. 95% of Italian consumers have already heard of AI, even if only 60% really have the ability to recognize functions in the products or services they use. In general, 80% express a positive opinion on Artificial Intelligence, even if concerns related to privacy, work and ethics emerge. These are the results of the research of the Artificial Intelligence Observatory of the School of Management of the Politecnico di Milano.

- Advertisement -

According to the research, one third of the Italian AI market (35%) concerns algorithm projects to analyze and extract information from data, an area that marked one of the greatest growths with the pandemic, + 32% compared to 2020. Here are the solutions. for natural language interpretation with 17.5% of the market (+ 24%) and algorithms to suggest content to customers in line with preferences with an incidence of 16% (+ 20%). Chatbots and virtual assistants are growing strongly with + 34%, they are awarded 10.5% of investments and Computer Vision initiatives, which analyze the content of an image in contexts such as surveillance in public places or monitoring of a production line (11% of investments, but up by 41%).

“The European Commission has presented the proposed regulation and Italy has launched the new Strategic Program, now it is necessary to take the next step, the creation of an executive plan which will include governance and monitoring mechanisms”, remark Giovanni Miragliotta and Nicola Gatti, Directors of the Artificial Intelligence Observatory. (HANDLE).

- Advertisement -

Source: Ansa

- Advertisement -
spot_img

Latest Posts

spot_img

Latest