5.7 C
New York
Friday, December 2, 2022

Don't miss

Intoxicated by mushrooms, 1 dead and 2 serious

- Advertisement -

Ansa Live at 12 (ANSA)

(ANSA) – COMO, 05 NOV – An elderly man has died, while his wife and caregiver are in serious condition in hospital following a mushroom poisoning that occurred in recent days in a family in Monguzzo (Como). The intoxication dates back to last Saturday, but it was learned only the day before yesterday at the funeral of the man, Giampaolo Mauri, 86. The mushrooms would have been picked on Saturday morning by the caregiver in the woods of the area: together with edible specimens, there were some highly poisonous.

Cooked and consumed on the same day by the couple and the caregiver, the poisonous mushrooms immediately manifested their effects: the man felt ill and, transported to the hospital, died a few hours later, while his wife was transferred to the hospital. San Gerardo hospital in Monza, where the prognosis has not yet been resolved. The caregiver, first hospitalized in Como, was then hospitalized at the Niguarda in Milan, where she would be waiting for a liver transplant. (HANDLE).

- Advertisement -

.

Source From: Ansa

- Advertisement -
spot_img

Latest Posts

spot_img

Latest