Iran, we are not linked to US-affected groups in Syria
(ANSA) – TEHRAN, AUGUST 24 – Iran has denied any kind of link with the groups affected by the US raid in Syria and considered by Washington, on the contrary, to be supported by the Islamic Republic.
This was made known by the Foreign Ministry of Tehran with a statement that strongly condemns the action of the United States defining it as a “terrorist act” and a “violation of the sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of Syria”.
“The new aggression is a terrorist act against Syrian groups that have fought against the US occupation,” said the spokesman for the Iranian Foreign Ministry, Nasser Kanani. For the Islamic Republic, the US fight against terrorism would only be “a pretext for continuing the occupation”. The Iranian official said that “Americans should stop plundering Syrian oil, grain resources and should immediately leave the country”.
In announcing the US operation, Colonel Joe Buccino, spokesman for Centcom, had made it known that the structures hit in the raids had been used by groups affiliated with the Iranian Revolutionary Guards. (HANDLE).
I have been working in the news industry for over 10 years now and I have worked for some of the biggest news websites in the world. My focus has always been on entertainment news, but I also cover a range of other topics. I am currently an author at Global happenings and I love writing about all things pop-culture related.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.